Hey! I'm Mae, an Emmy-award winning director and photographer based in New York.
For a decade, I've worked in journalism as a Senior Video Producer at The New York Times and The Guardian. Recently, I just finished producing and directing a six-part documentary series for FX that will premiere in 2020.
I work mostly in non-fiction, but also dabble in surreal workout videos, pet shop music videos and other creative ventures. If it's visually evocative and has a good story, I'm down for it.
My clients have included The Guardian, The New York Times, TIME, The Wall Street Journal, NPR, The Fader, CNN, MTV, Architectural Record and Elle China.
Say hello :) email@example.com
- Edward R. Murrow Award - Investigative Reporting (Video) for The County (2016)
- News and Documentary Emmy nominee - New Approaches: Current News Coverage for The County (2016)
- Peabody Award finalist for The County (2016)
- Online News Association: Topical Reporting for The County (2016)
- News and Documentary Emmy award - New Approaches: Current News Coverage for Beyond the Border (2015)
- 1st Place National Magazine Award: Best Multimedia for Beyond The Border (2015)
- Online News Association: Feature, large for Beyond The Border (2015)
- PDN: 20 Emerging Artists to Watch in Film and Video (2014)
- Los Angeles Press Club Award: Best Short Video Profile for Modesty Modern (2012)
- National Entertainment Awards: Best Short Documentary for Transactivations (2012)
- Photo of the Year awards - Multimedia - (2010)
- Getty Emerging Talent 2010-2011
- Eddie Adams Barnstorm XXIII 2010